Summary Description Duties: Under the leadership of the Life Support Lead, this position is responsible for the construction, operation, maintenance and repair of the life support systems (LSS) at the Oklahoma Aquarium and its holding facilities.
- Assist in the construction, operation, maintenance and repair of the life support systems.
- Follow the direction of the LSS Lead to achieve daily goals.
- Demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of the safe and proper use of hand tools, power tools and equipment used in daily duties.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Experience with heavy equipment, tools and building materials
- Experience with PVC plumbing, electrical, concrete, framing, lighting and filtration design
- High degree of concentration and attention to detail
- Good record keeping skills
- Ability to contribute positively to a diverse and equitable work environment.
- Develop collaborative, productive, and respectful relationships with employees.
- Recommend improvements in area of responsibility.
- Ability to travel on a limited, as-needed, basis – including occasional overnight travel.
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Good mechanical skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
May include weekends and holidays with 24 hr availability, seven days a week for emergencies.
JOB TYPE: Full Time
SALARY: $22,279 per year
Please submit application to Joel Pritchard at email@example.com