If you are between the ages of 13 and 17 and interested in life sciences, the environment or making sure visitors to the Oklahoma Aquarium have a great experience – you have come to the right place to apply for our Aqua-Teen Program.
What do Aqua-Teens do?
- Help answer questions guests may have about our exhibits or specific animals.
- Participate in educational activities, display bio-facts and monitor touch tanks.
- Assist with special events such as HallowMarine, the Aquarium Run and ZZZs in the Seas sleepovers.
- Handle live animals for the purpose of public education.
The time commitment varies based on the volunteer position you are accepted to fill. Some Aqua-Teens volunteer just once or twice a year for special events, but some work a specific day and time for several months or even years.
General Program Requirements and Expectations
- Participate and successfully complete all requirements for our training course.
- Honor the schedule you agree to fulfill.
- Adhere to dress codes and all other rules established for Oklahoma Aquarium volunteers.
- A $30 fee defrays the costs of training materials and a uniform shirt and badge.
Click here to fill out a volunteer application. If accepted, you will be notified to attend the next Aqua-Teen orientation. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to “sea”ing you soon!