Make an Impact
The Oklahoma Aquarium is a nonprofit organization—volunteers are vital to our success. More than 200 volunteers guide visitors through our exhibits, staff our information desk, our touch tanks and feed stands and help with educational programs. Whether you are a professional or a homemaker, retired or work full-time, a teacher or a student, the Aquarium needs your skills and talents. Come and discover the unique, educational and fun volunteer opportunities at the Oklahoma Aquarium.
How to Become a Volunteer
- Be age 18 or older (13-17 for Aqua-Teens)
- Fill out our online application.
- Must be able to clear a background check.
- Attend your scheduled information session. You will be contacted to set up a time.
- Pay for your volunteer shirt ($15-$30)
- Have the stamina to complete a four-hour shift on your feet.
- Have excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and ability to interact with the public
- Free parking
- Guest passes for hours of service
- Special recognition and volunteer appreciation events
- Discounts in gift shop and deli
- Volunteer newsletters to keep you informed
- Opportunities to meet new people with similar interests
- Opportunity to supports a recognized leader in tourism, informal education, conservation and rehabilitation
If interested or for more information, contact Jamie Gaylor, firstname.lastname@example.org