Aquarium Technician III – Part Time
Summary Description Duties:
Under leadership of the Biology Supervisor, this person will be responsible for the overall health, appearance, maintenance, and cleanliness of the exhibits and animal collection.
Interest and coursework in the Biological or Natural Sciences is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college level biology, chemistry, or natural science preferred.
- Knowledge of the disposition, habitats, dietary requirements, cleaning and health needs for a diverse aquatic animal collection.
- The ability to handle live animals.
- The ability to learn about water filtration systems and the nitrification process
- High degree of concentration and attention to detail
- Ability to work safely with hazardous chemicals and follow safely protocols.
- Good record keeping skills
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- The ability to lift 50 lbs and work on ones feet for long periods of time in adverse conditions (climb ladders, cramped spaces, cold water, wet environment)
- Current SCUBA certification or the ability to acquire certification within six months of hire.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
- Schedule will be Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday or Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. May include holidays with 24 hour availability seven days a week for emergencies on rare occasions.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $8.00 per hour