The OKAQ Education Team wants to bring the OK Aquarium to your school this fall! Our mission at the OKAQ is to educate and inspire. There is no better way to do that than the interactive discovery of hands-on science. Our hour-long programs keep your students engaged and open up a whole new world of animal wonder while learning and meeting a variety of education standards. We will offer these programs exclusively on Mondays and Thursdays from September through December.
HOW TO SCHEDULE AN OKAQ GO VISIT:
Step 1: select a 1st and 2nd choice visit dates
This program is available exclusively on Mondays and Thursdays from September through December.
Bookings are on a first-come first-serve basis. If neither of your preferred/alternative dates are available, an educator will contact you to schedule a suitable date.
Allow 2 weeks to process your online reservation; we cannot guarantee a reservation for dates requested within 2 weeks of online form submission. If you have not received your confirmation email within 2 weeks of submitting your form- please check your spam/junk folder. If it is not there, please reach out to us at email@example.com
step 2: select the best program for your group
Our programs accommodate up to 50 students per class.
There are over 10,000 species of reptiles alive today, and they are found on almost every continent on Earth! At the Oklahoma Aquarium we advocate for all reptiles: terrestrial, marine and all in between. Students will learn about various types of reptiles, from turtle to snakes and discuss the fantastic adaptations these animals have. With that knowledge, we will 'build' our reptile using scales, shells, and other exciting materials. The program wraps up with students meeting and touching a few of our Education Ambassador Reptiles.
- Hold and examine shells, skulls, and other bio-artifacts from our reptile collection
- Program duration: approx. 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Recommended for K-6th Grade; Open to all ages
OAS Standards Met: K.LS1.1, 1.LS1.1, 2.LS4.1, 3.LS2.1, 4.LS1.1, 5.ESS3.1, 6.ESS2.3
step 3: book your trip
STEP 4: Payment method for your trip
Once we have confirmed a date with you, we will send an invoice via email. Our pricing is based on miles traveled from the Oklahoma Aquarium.
|Traveling Milage||Base Price|
|0-30 miles*||$200 plus tax|
|31-60 miles||$225 plus tax|
|61-90 miles||$250 plus tax|
|91-99 miles||$275 plus tax|
*Any additional classes, will be $100 per extra class.
fREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is OKAQ GO?
- Our new OKAQ GO program is designed for in-classroom student groups looking to enjoy the Aquarium from their own space. Our educators will visit your school and present an intriguing program, engage students in activities, and provide a one-of-a-kind interaction with one of our Education Ambassador Animals. These 1-hour sessions vary in price, dependent on miles traveled and can accommodate up to 50 students per session.
- Who is this program for?
- The OKAQ GO program is created for our larger school groups of at least 15 people. Because of the nature of our activities and the accompanying animals, this program is ideal for in-classroom spaces only.
- How far can we travel?
- We have a 99 mile limit for our ability to travel to your school. We have additional resources for school groups that further than our limit. Feel free to contact us if this may pose an issue for your group.
- How much does it cost?
- Our program pricing is based on miles traveled to your site. The chart above breaks down our pricing accordingly, if your group size is within a single class of 50 students. If your school would like to add an additional class, we charge an extra $100 to the original miles traveled base price.
- Are there other programs available?
- In addition to our Reptile Roundup program, we do not have any additional programs available at this time.
- How do I book?
- To book your OKAQ GO program this fall, please fill out our OKAQ GO Reservation form. Once you have filled that out, an educator will send you a confirmation email with your programming details. If you have any issues, please feel free to contact our education department.