Field Trips and Programs
Planning your trip
STEP 1: Select 1st and 2nd choice visit dates*
Allow 2 weeks to process your online reservation; we cannot guarantee a reservation for dates requested within 2 weeks of online form submission. If you have not received your confirmation email within 2 weeks of submitting your form- please check your spam/junk folder. If it is not there, please reach out to us via phone or email.
STEP 2: Meet eligibility and chaperone requirements
- Minimum of 20 students
- Bring the required number of chaperones:
- 1 chaperone per 5 students in Pre-K and K-2nd Grade
- 1 chaperone per 10 students in 3rd-12th Grade
A required chaperone may be a teacher, bus driver, or other school employee, but other adults can be used to fulfill the requirement if needed.
STEP 3: CHOOSE THE BEST EXPERIENCE FOR YOUR GROUP
Enjoy a self-guided tour or add an educational program (see descriptions below). Self-guided trips open to eligible groups 7 days a week; programs available Monday-Friday only.
Students and required chaperones will be given priority in admittance to programs; additional chaperones/family members are not guaranteed entry to programs.
Explore our galleries at your own pace and enjoy interactive learning experiences such as touch tanks, feed shows, and dive shows.
- Open to all ages and learning abilities; ADA accessible.
- Recommended for:
- Groups with a wide range of grade levels
- Groups with 75+ students
- Groups with time constraints
- Scavenger hunts and other supplemental materials can be found
THE INSIDE STORY! (7TH-12TH GRADE)
Get VIP access to see where all the marine magic happens! Visit some of the aquarium's most popular exhibits and the areas behind them and explore topics in marine ecology, conservation, and aquarium science.
Visit the world's largest bull shark exhibit from up above and learn about food preparation in the aquarium kitchen.
- Open to groups with 15-50 students
- Max of 25 people per tour group
- Approx. 45 minutes per tour
- All participants must be 7th grade or older (12+ yrs)
turtle Time (K-5th)
Students will learn about all different kinds of turtles. From sea turtles to snapping turtles to tortoises: we discuss all the various body forms turtles can have, depending on the environment they live in! Students will also learn about the different lifestyles and diets turtles can have. At the end of the class, students will even have a chance to meet and touch our Ambassador box turtle, Carl.
- Hold and examine shells, skulls, and other bio-artifacts from our turtle collection
- Program duration: approx. 30 minutes
- Open to all ages, recommended for K-5th Grade
Spectacular sharks (3rd-6th)
Take a bite out of biology by attending this program about sharks! Students will learn about the collection of sharks at the Oklahoma Aquarium that makes us world-famous. We debunk myths and misconceptions about sharks that have lead to society's fear of these oceanic predators. Shark physiology, evolution, diet, behavior and conservation efforts are also covered in this class.
- Hold and examine shark jaws, fins, teeth, and other bio-artifacts from our shark collection
- Program duration: approx. 30 minutes
- Open to all ages, recommended for 3rd-6th Grade
Link to Symphony.
|Ticket Type||Admission||Admission + Program|
|Student||$7 plus tax||$10 plus tax|
|Required Chaperone* (see below)||FREE||FREE|
|Additional Chaperone* (see below)||$10 plus tax||$10 plus tax|
|Additional Child (3-17 yrs)||$7 plus tax||$9 plus tax|
*Your group will only receive free admission for the number of chaperones necessary to fulfill our required student-to-chaperone ratios.
FISH FRIENDS SCHOLARSHIP FUND
The Fish Friends scholarship fund aims to eliminate the financial barriers to experiential learning by awarding scholarships for field trips.
OKLAHOMA ENERGY RESOURCES BOARD (OERB)
Teachers who are certified through the Oklahoma Energy Resources Board (OERB) may request an OERB-funded field trip to the aquarium.
Visit our FAQ page, or contact our education department at email@example.com
Please note that field trips cannot be booked over the phone at this time.