ZZZs in the Seas
june 24, 2022 / july 29, 2022
Ever dream of sleeping with sharks? ZZZs in the Seas is a dream-come-true opportunity where guests can sleep surrounded by sharks, stingrays, seahorses, and all the other creatures snoozing in our oceans. The fun-filled night begins with check-in at 6:30 p.m. and includes:
- A light snack
- Self-guided scavenger hunt
- Flashlight tour
- A movie
- Sweet, sea-themed dreams
If sharks aren’t your idea of relaxing sleep, then feel free to book a space next to any of our other exhibits.
Then wake up and join us for breakfast before the adventure ends at 8 a.m. followed by guest pickup.
What to Bring
This is an overnight adventure. Please pack accordingly.
- Sleeping bags and pillows, cots, and air mattresses are welcome but no larger than a twin-size
- Extra blankets; it may be chilly inside
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, and other toiletries
- Changes of clothes and pajamas, if desired
- Optional: spending money for green screen photos, the photo booth, commemorative coins, vending machines, and the *gift shop
- Optional: Masks or other face coverings
$25: Non-sleepover guests: includes activities & souvenirs
Group rates are available for groups of 15 or more by contacting the Events Department.
Members must be signed in to their accounts to register.
The Fine Print
- The shark tunnel is limited to 20 guests
- The shark view room is limited to 20 guests
- The Polynesian Reef is limited to 20 guests
- Sea Turtle Island is limited to 10 guests
- No guest limit for other exhibits
- The Ozark Stream is not available to sleep in but is open to exploring until lights out.
- We do not recommend you sleep in the Marvels and Mysteries gallery—the electric eel has noise and light sensors that flash and thump through the night.
- There are electrical outlets located throughout different exhibits for air mattresses, sleep apnea machines, etc.
- Requirements & Refunds
- Dinner is not served—please eat before arrival.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver.
- The information must be filled out for every person, including chaperones.
- No unchaperoned minors are allowed.
- The minimum age to attend is five years old.
- A minimum of one adult is required for every five minors.
- Tickets are non-transferable to other sleepover dates.
- Guests can receive a full refund until 48-hours prior to the event.
- Any cancellations after the 48-hour period will result in the purchase becoming a donation; a tax acknowledgment letter will be provided upon request.
Private Sleepovers Available
If a public sleepover isn’t your idea of fun, then book a private sleepover with us and have the entire facility to yourself and friends! If you have questions or would like to reserve a private sleepover with us, please contact the Events Department.
6:30 p.m. Welcome
- Check-in through the main entrance
- Select a spot and place your bedding
- Do not unpack or unroll your bedding yet
- Everyone in the shark tunnel must stay to one side
- All exit doors and main corridors must remain clear
- You may explore the aquarium at this time
* The gift shop is subject to staffing availability
7 p.m. Orientation
- Orientation will be held in the Great Hall
8 p.m. Activities
- Scavenger hunt
- Touch tanks
9:30 p.m. Self-Guided Flashlight Tour
- Souvenir flashlights will be provided
10 p.m. Movie
- All doors will be locked at this time, do not exit, or you will not be allowed back in
- Lights out
7 a.m. Wake up and breakfast
- Breakfast will consist of individually packaged muffins, bananas, oranges, juice, and coffee
8 a.m. Departure
- Check out & guest pick up