ZZZs in the Seas Itinerary and Information
7:00 - WELCOME
- Check-in through the main entrance
- Select a spot in your reserved area and place your bedding
- Those in open areas can select any exhibit other than the Ozark Stream
- Please do not unpack or unroll your bedding
- You may explore the Aquarium at this time
- The Gift Shop may be open
7:30 - ORIENTATION IN THE GREAT HALL
8:00 - ACTIVITIES
- Coral Reef Dive Show at 8:00 pm
- Touch Tanks
- Education Tables
- Scavenger Hunts
9:30 - FLASHLIGHT TOUR
10:00 - MOVIE
MIDNIGHT - LIGHTS OUT
7:00 AM - WAKE UP AND BREAKFAST
8:00 AM - CHECK-OUT
FOR YOUR SAFETY:
- All sleepover attendees must fill out and submit a registration form.
- No unchaperoned minors may attend and a minimum of one adult is required for every five minors.
- There is a minimum age of 5 to attend the sleepover.
- The Aquarium will close at 6:00 pm and reopen at 7:00 pm for ZZZs in the Seas. If you arrive before 7:00, you will need to wait outside.
- Each sleepover has a cap of 250 people.
- Those sleeping in the shark tunnel must stay to one side per fire marshall regulations.
- Those sleeping in the entrance to Sea Turtle Island must keep designated areas clear.
- No one is allowed to sleep in front of exit doors or entries into areas that have exit doors.
- Souvenir flashlights will be provided for the self-guided flashlight tour.
- You may only touch the animals in the touch tanks during the times on the schedule.
- Do not try to touch the animals in the feed tanks.
- Do not tap or bang on exhibits, it frightens the animals and can cause damage.
- No running in the Aquarium. There may be wet spots.
- All doors will be locked at 10:00 pm. Do not exit, you will not be allowed back in.
FOR YOUR COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE:
- A light snack will be provided upon arrival, but dinner will not be served, so please eat before arrival.
- Sleeping bags, pillows and air mattresses are welcome, but please do not unpack or fill up air mattresses till time for bed.
- You may want to bring spending money for the green screen photos, photo booth, commemorative coins, and gift shop.
- We do not recommend sleeping under the electric eel tank. The exhibit has noise and light sensors that flash and thump all night.
- We do not recommend sleeping in the Great Hall. Staff and volunteers will begin setting up breakfast at about 6:15 am so you will wake up earlier than those in other areas.
- It may get very chilly. We have no control over this so please be prepared with extra blankets and/or warm pajamas or sweats.
- We provide lemonade and water, but if you would like sodas from the vending machine you will need to bring dollar bills or change.
- Breakfast will consist of donuts, bananas, orange juice and coffee.
- Staff members working the sleepover event may not be in the office until shortly before it starts. If you have urgent last minute questions or concerns, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (918) 528-1503.