Make an Impact
The Oklahoma Aquarium is a non-profit organization and volunteers are vital to our success. More than 200 volunteers guide visitors through our exhibits, staff our information desk, our touch tanks and feed stands, and help with educational programs. Whether you are a professional or a homemaker, retired or work full-time, a teacher or a student, the Aquarium needs your skills and talents. Come and discover the unique, educational and fun volunteer opportunities at the Oklahoma Aquarium.
- Be age 18 or older (13-17 for Aqua-Teens) Click here for that page.
- Fill out our online volunteer application.
- Attend your scheduled information session (You will be contacted to set up a time)
- Pay for your volunteer shirt ($15-$30)
- Pass a criminal background check if 18 or older. If under 18, please provide two letters of recommendation from teachers, employers or community leaders.
- Have the stamina to complete a 4-hour shift (mainly on your feet)
- Have excellent communication skills, enthusiasm, and ability to interact with the public.
- Free Parking
- Guest passes for hours of service
- Special recognition and volunteer appreciation events
- Discounts in the gift shop and deli
- Volunteer newsletters to keep you informed
- Opportunities to meet new people with similar interests
- Opportunity to support a recognized leader in tourism, informal education, conservation, and rehabilitation
If interested or for more information, please contact:
Community Activities Coordinator
Current volunteers please click here to access VicNet!
Oklahoma Aquarium offers students the opportunity to get involved with our day-to-day operations and work with staff. Students who participate in our intern programs will receive credit for their time spent working at the Oklahoma Aquarium