Teachers & Field Trips
Planning your Field trip
Get the most of your educational experience by participating in a tour and/or educational program! Our tours and programs will surely spark enthusiasm about marine biology, environmental science, and conservation. For information about accessibility and programs for the visually and/or hearing impaired, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swim into Science: Behind the Scenes Tour (2nd-6th grade)
See the aquarium through a scientist's lens by venturing to our wet lab, where we keep animals that are not on display to the public. You'll learn how we care for our animals and their tanks, and get firsthand experience using a microscope to conduct coral research! This tour lasts about 20-30 minutes. Each tour can accommodate a maximum of 25 people; groups with more than 25 attendees will need to be separated into smaller groups and receive separate tours.
The inside Story: Behind the Scenes tour (7th grade and up)
Get VIP access to see where all the marine magic happens! You will visit some of our most popular exhibits and visit the areas behind them to learn about the effort it takes to maintain an "ocean" in Oklahoma. In addition to plenty of fun animal facts, you'll learn about prominent environmental threats and how to make a participate in global conservation efforts. You'll even have the chance to stand a few feet away from the world's most dangerous shark, when we visit the top of our Bull Shark exhibit! This tour lasts about 30-40 minutes. Each tour can accommodate 25 people; groups with more than 25 attendees will need to be separated into smaller groups and receive separate tours. This tour visits areas that can only be accessed by stairways and is not recommended for groups with wheelchairs or other accessibility needs that are limited by stair usage.
A minimum of 20 paid participants is required to qualify for the education rates. Education rates are as follows:
- $6 per student; $10 per adult (college students included)
- $9 per student; $13 per adult (college students included) for behind-the-scenes tours and/or additional programs
- School employees (teachers, bus drivers, etc.) are free with the school group up to the required number of chaperones:
- 1 adult per 5 students up to 2nd grade; 1 adult per 10 students for 3rd grade and above
- The Inside Story behind-the-scenes tour is offered for students in seventh grade and up.
- The Swim into Science behind-the-scenes tour is offered for students in second through sixth grade.
- We offer multi-age programs in our Discovery Cove: Completely Cartilaginous, Sea Turtle Science, Creeps from the Deep, and Eight-Armed Bandits. Limit of 50 students.
To make your reservation now, complete and submit the online form. Please allow two weeks for a confirmation from the education department.
Make lunch easy for your field trip with the aquarium’s box lunches. We’ll have sandwiches ready for your whole group when you get here.
Make the most of your Oklahoma Aquarium visit! Use our educator guides to enhance the students' learning experience. All educator guides are developed by our education staff to assist teachers in meeting curriculum requirements.